Grantham Reconstruction Area
The Development Scheme for the Grantham Reconstruction Area outlines the blueprint for the reconstruction of Grantham after the devastating events of 10 January 2011. The Queensland Reconstruction Authority (the Authority) together with the Lockyer Valley Regional Council (Council) have worked in consultation to develop a plan which provides for a prosperous future for Grantham and the Lockyer Valley.
The journey in developing this blueprint has been ongoing since February 2011 and has involved extensive community consultation and public notification. The figure below identifies the steps that have been undertaken to support this collaborative approach allowing construction of the new residential area to commence mid 2011.
Download Print-Ready Version
- Rebuilding Grantham Together ( 20 MB )
Introduction and Context
- Cover Page and Table of Contents ( 1.2 MB )
- Vision and Grantham Historical Timeline ( 1 MB )
- Council Master Plan ( 967 KB )
- Locality Context ( 197 KB )
- Planning Context ( 365 KB )
- Part 1 - Land Use Plan ( 6.1 MB )
- Part 2 - Infrastructure Plan ( 7 MB )
- Part 3 - Implementation Strategy ( 1.4 MB )
- Map 1 - Grantham Reconstruction Area ( 172 KB )
- Map 2 - Land Use Plan ( 307 KB )
- Map 3 - Land Use Plan - Inset A ( 238 KB )
- Map 4 - Precinct Plan ( 299 KB )
- Acknowledgements ( 246 KB )
View the Submissions Report
- Submissions Report ( 1.8 MB )
On 10 June 2011, the Queensland Reconstruction Authority permanently closed part of a road within the Grantham Reconstruction Area under section 106 of the Queensland Reconstruction Authority Act 2011. The road was permanently closed in order to facilitate construction in the Grantham Reconstruction Area.
- View road closure map ( 632KB)