States discuss the future of Australia emergency management research
12 Jul 2017
Representing Queensland on a panel to discuss the future of Australian emergency management research, QRA’s Board Chair Major General Richard Wilson was joined by Queensland’s Inspector-General Emergency Management, Iain MacKenzie.
Mr MacKenzie spoke about Queensland’s need for pragmatic research outcomes that deliver tangible community benefits, while the Major General spoke about Queensland’s resilience agenda and how research can support these goals and continue to be driven by the needs of the end-users.
- Elizabeth Quinn, Assistant Secretary, Disaster Resilience Strategy Branch, Attorney-General’s Department
- Malcolm Jackman, CEO, SA Fire and Emergency Services Commission
- Stephanie Rotarangi, Chief Fire Officer, VIC Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Craig Lapsley, Commissioner, Emergency Management Victoria
- Iain MacKenzie , Queensland Inspector-General Emergency Management
- Major General Richard Wilson, Board Chair, Queensland Reconstruction Authority
The panel discussion can be viewed on the BNHCRC Facebook page.